Smash outside your comfort zone, especially after such a crazy turbulent 12 months, find things you want to do that will make you have determination, drive to push yourself forward to what you want to do and have in your life.
Feeling like your plodding along in life right now, feeling like your just existing? This is the time to look for new ventures!
When you find yourself stuck in a rut the only thing to break the cycle is to do something different!
Be brave if you want to do something then do it! Step outside of the normal routine, find that change that breaks this for you! Sometimes a change no matter how small is all that is needed, to both boost yourself esteem and get you in the right direction.
Trying these new things can help you both mentally and physically. New Experiences can be a breath of fresh air and be that new bit of energy you need. Changes that enrich your life and keep you on the path you want are so important.
Ever thought to yourself ‘if that didn’t happen I wouldn’t be where I am now? If you think of things metaphorically; you plant a seed because you want to grow something and if you just wanted the seed to remind a seed, you wouldn’t have planted it in the first place and most importantly, it won’t flower unless you plant it……
Step outside what you know, be challenged; thrive, grow, live, and flower!
Simpler, easy Steps to help you get there;
1) pick one new change or challenge for yourself to tackle, take on and prosper.
2) write it down, then write down 3-5 steps it will take to complete this and get this challenge and change done.
3) write a start date and a completion date to the change and or challenge
4) think of a new one once this one is done ✅
5) start building more experiences, memories, positive changes and gains from pushing out side your comfort Zone.
Struggling to remember life before full lock down?
Wanting to connect and identify back to who you are? what you normally look like? Normallly wear beyond pjs and workout gear or your favourite lounge suit? Thinking what is it I Normally would do and now can do? or are allowed to do again, when? and most of all what you’ve learnt, changes you’ve made and all the small to big achievements,progresses in such hard and challenging time you have achieved!
First off, remember you have never been probably more isolated at times, patient, pushed, emotional, had to cope with dramatic changes, from family dynamists, income, pressure, routine, relationships and never before been and had to be so many roll’s in day to day life, from parent, colleague, teacher, to full time 24/7 all round the clock provider to your household. We have all had to dig deep and hard this winter on such a dip level resilience wise during a winters lock down! and all the last 12 months has brought to the world, a year of incredibly turbulent challenging changes.
So, When lockdown eases and things start to be let’s say somewhat a “new normal”, what dose that mean to you? Look like? And how dose it make you feel?
For many of us we may be a mixed bag of relief, false pretence, fear worry, anxiety and many more where that came from. Their May be some areas in your life which will now change as a result of al this or have because of this. You maybe thinking what will the new future look like when more restrictions are eased. This can be form your work, career, where you live location wise, Friends and family dynamics the lifestyle you have via want and the direction you are wanting to go in now since the world somewhat changed.
It’s a really good idea to have a moment before you are back running around on the school run, back to your allowed normal restriction wise, think about how you are and what you want going forward. Find a suitable place with a notebook and pen or mental log and your favourite environment in your home or when out walking and reflect and consider what you feel and will help you coming out of lockdown mentally and physically?
Tips of things to try and consider:
1) First off, keep yourself motivated and feeling as strong and positive as you can especially if your feeling more anxious than relieved right now. Start by writing down all the positive changes you have made since all this started and especially when full lock down occurred for you. from the smallest of things like, I gave up something unhealthy, I became fitter, I learnt a new skill, craft, tool on household challenge, decorated, decluttered, moved, Quality precious time with those in your house hold and all the changes you made that made you personally feel better. Don’t forget, the very fact we have got through the lock down is a Big achievement in itself!
2) It is a perfect time to revisit your core values and your centre what is important to you reevaluate this to see if they are the same or different from such a big life experience.
3) look ahead, ask yourself the following questions, what do I want now from life out of lock down? What do I want to do this summer? this year? Then what do I want to change and where do I want to be a year from now? You could also later think of this also with your partner and see what joint goals you have to as-well as your individual ones.
4) Have a moment to think if you are concerned, ask yourself, what are you most worried, scared about going back out into “new normal “ ? Then when you answer this ask yourself, what will help me no be as worried, scared about this or help me ease my anxiety with all this? What strategies can I draw upon which I know work? this could be from relaxation techniques, exercise, fresh air and walks, craft projects, creative projects, talking to somebody, writing things down, reading positive material and whatever works bespoke to you.
5) reflect back on, who, how and what’s really helped lift your Spirts throughout this whole experience? What can I take forward from this to keep me feeling lifted when new normal returns?
6) Plan ahead, draft out and try putting am down a plan of what your new structure, routine will be. Make sure you look at how you will plan and make sure you fit in all your individual needs, family, couple and fitness needs. Fill this plan and weekly schedule if you like, with things you really enjoy doing in your life going forward from, personal time, me time, exercise routines, hobbies, Quality family, time quality relationship time,making sure you don’t forget what you have learned from and enjoyed in lockdown, maybe you did exercise more, eat better, spend less time on screen time, find little country gems to go walking in your home town. It’s so important to keep continuing positive things you have worked hard on to bring to your life and to have as much as you can in your power a happy balanced lifestyle.
When The restrictions ease between now and summer,it’s important to remember with all these changes, when you get things back to “new normal”, kids at school, offices open, seeing friends and loved ones, events, gatherings allowed, social hubs opening and things move forward throughout this year you might experience a lot of different emotions and feelings, remember to remind yourself this is ok! everyone’s situation is unique we are all in the same storm but in different boats and whatever you feel, emotional or physically is ok.
Think about what you need to make this change post lockdown as stress free, kind and seamless as possible for both yourself and your family.
It’s so true that the power of your mind and your mind set is Huge. If you don’t believe in your self or invest yourself then why would others, you get out what you put in.
The power of your thoughts in your mind can carry you a very long way,or they can simply stop your from moving forward at all.
Your mindset can change at times and sometimes very rapidly. It’s important to recognise what strategies support you when this is in a negative way and what helps you become a more positive version of yourself.
Learn how to control your thoughts more when negativity starts to show, look out for the early signs, get your support strategies into action ASAP. Do what help’s keep yourself focused and on track to what you want to achieve, don’t self sabotage.
You really have the power to lead yourself to where you want to go, but you also could be the person who’s hold you back! so unlock the positive mind set you have and take on positive changes to get you to your goals.
Wondering, How to make your mind set as positive as possible to work for you, so you can make new exciting steps you want in your life, review the way in which your doing things towards your goals. Don’t get stuck in a rut, nothing motivational will come from things that don’t challenge you.
Review your steps towards your end game/goals. Make sure you’re enjoying what you’re doing still and if you’re not look at other ways you can achieve the same steps but in a way that is more motivational, fun and inspiring for you to go forward.
Mind, Set, Go….
Meaningful, make sure the goal means something to you, that you want this! That this is for you and not for others or to please them or anyone else. The more meaningful the goal is the more drive, determination and passion you will have in doing this and seeing it through.
Interesting, make sure it’s something that you want to do that pushes you to smash out side comfort Zone, make it exciting, full of new things to learn, take part of /do and of course choose the way that you feel is the most positively challenging for you. If the steps aren’t inspiring you look at alternative ones you can still take to get to your end goal, different steps still leading to the same outcome and your goal.
Nothing stopping you, you know the steps you need to take, plan, prepare and show up. Make things happen, remember every small step counts towards the bigger picture and goal’s you have. Go to bed knowing what you have planned for tomorrow. From exercise plans, to food prep and menus, activities, tasks, to-do lists etc be organised and plan to succeed not to fail.
Determination, keep yourself motivated, surrounded yourself with positive things, people and log the steps you have made, read, watch and listen to things and people that inspires you to keep going. Watch Blogs of the journey others are taking and have took from start to finish to make their goals happen, let them inspire you, show you that they didn’t give up, showing you evidence, you too can do this! Like they did.
Start, set a date and make it happen.the first step is always the hardest. Write it down Mark it on the calendar or diary, the day I made my life change for the better (tomorrow) why wait!
End game, keep your end game clear in your mind, what it is that you want! every time you find it hard, that you’re losing your willpower, remember why your doing this, let the thoughts of your end game push you forward and trough the tough times. Imagine and try to visualise the end,how you will feel being at this point, where you wanted to be and how good that will feel and look. What other opportunities will this then create for you?
Train, train, train. Learn what you need to do to achieve what you have set out to do, build yourself up along the way with the discipline you need to support this goal and all the steps you take. Learn, evolve, develop, conquer, achieve, eat, sleep repeat.
Ever thought if we spent more time on the positive rather than as much time as we do talking negatively about, ourself, putting our self’s down and as a result missing out of things, as a result of all this, what you could actually achieve and be doing with your life?
When if we actually believed we can, how much happier we would be and what we would already have achieved and succeeded at and where we would be?
How many opportunities have come your way that your confidence, limiting self-beliefs, fears and influence of others stopped you taking?
Make a positive change and Stop this happening again! to you and yourself and don’t miss out on any more things you want to do in your life!
Go for it! say yes not No to positive opportunities and the worse thing that can happen is that you tried and it didn’t work or wasn’t what you wanted and then at least there is never going to be any regrets, you tried.
And just What if it all worked and you actually got want you wanted, it would be worth it then.
Take and apply these simple steps right now to your life!….
1) signing up to things! That course, that challenge that task, lessons, new ventures etc, get it’s done sign up!
2) saying yes more often! Those things you want to say yes to but fear stopped you pick one to start with and change the no I can’t to yes I can!
3) drop out more of the things you don’t want to spend your time and energy on! It’s so true the old saying, if you’ve always do what you’ve always done you’ll always get what you’ve always got, time for change, if something is not working change the approach, or draw a line under it and move on!
4) keep the path true to you and go get your dreams. Make sure you’re doing more of what you really want to do it’s your life.
5) make sure all of the above leads you to something that makes you feel really happy regularly.
Had a bad day? Feeling drained? Brain fog? Frustrated? At the end of the day are you left feeling “how am I going to change my mind frame?”
Well….I choose to run!
Run off the day, run off the negative thoughts in my mind and any frustration or worries, and get outside and run! Personally I love what a difference it makes.
Running is such a great example of a good coping strategy to clear my mind, it’s also a way of doing something to support yourself in releasing any bottled up emotions, thoughts and turn them around and let them fuel you to have willpower!
My running helps me build up resilience to my ever filling stress container! You see once I’ve run I feel like I’ve achieved something too!
Its hard to sometimes commit time to yourself, so anything that promotes this and leads to you feeling positive is worth making time for.
You cannot beat that feeling of helping yourself through things and feeling like you’re getting there, you are making things change for the better. I find what’s great with running I can choose the path, route and distance, so it’s totally your call. Running is something that you can do alone, with someone else or as part of a community/ team. This can also help you feel you are connecting with the world regularly.
My running also gives me a new found lease of life, It’s a tool that acts as a motivation muscle for me to stay on track with my goals, reflect who I want to be and keeps me on the right.
It’s a good idea is to think of what you are going to have as your support tool if you don’t yet have one.