Smash outside your comfort zone, especially after such a crazy turbulent 12 months, find things you want to do that will make you have determination, drive to push yourself forward to what you want to do and have in your life.
Feeling like your plodding along in life right now, feeling like your just existing? This is the time to look for new ventures!
When you find yourself stuck in a rut the only thing to break the cycle is to do something different!
Be brave if you want to do something then do it! Step outside of the normal routine, find that change that breaks this for you! Sometimes a change no matter how small is all that is needed, to both boost yourself esteem and get you in the right direction.
Trying these new things can help you both mentally and physically. New Experiences can be a breath of fresh air and be that new bit of energy you need. Changes that enrich your life and keep you on the path you want are so important.
Ever thought to yourself ‘if that didn’t happen I wouldn’t be where I am now? If you think of things metaphorically; you plant a seed because you want to grow something and if you just wanted the seed to remind a seed, you wouldn’t have planted it in the first place and most importantly, it won’t flower unless you plant it……
Step outside what you know, be challenged; thrive, grow, live, and flower!
Simpler, easy Steps to help you get there;
1) pick one new change or challenge for yourself to tackle, take on and prosper.
2) write it down, then write down 3-5 steps it will take to complete this and get this challenge and change done.
3) write a start date and a completion date to the change and or challenge
4) think of a new one once this one is done ✅
5) start building more experiences, memories, positive changes and gains from pushing out side your comfort Zone.
Struggling to remember life before full lock down?
Wanting to connect and identify back to who you are? what you normally look like? Normallly wear beyond pjs and workout gear or your favourite lounge suit? Thinking what is it I Normally would do and now can do? or are allowed to do again, when? and most of all what you’ve learnt, changes you’ve made and all the small to big achievements,progresses in such hard and challenging time you have achieved!
First off, remember you have never been probably more isolated at times, patient, pushed, emotional, had to cope with dramatic changes, from family dynamists, income, pressure, routine, relationships and never before been and had to be so many roll’s in day to day life, from parent, colleague, teacher, to full time 24/7 all round the clock provider to your household. We have all had to dig deep and hard this winter on such a dip level resilience wise during a winters lock down! and all the last 12 months has brought to the world, a year of incredibly turbulent challenging changes.
So, When lockdown eases and things start to be let’s say somewhat a “new normal”, what dose that mean to you? Look like? And how dose it make you feel?
For many of us we may be a mixed bag of relief, false pretence, fear worry, anxiety and many more where that came from. Their May be some areas in your life which will now change as a result of al this or have because of this. You maybe thinking what will the new future look like when more restrictions are eased. This can be form your work, career, where you live location wise, Friends and family dynamics the lifestyle you have via want and the direction you are wanting to go in now since the world somewhat changed.
It’s a really good idea to have a moment before you are back running around on the school run, back to your allowed normal restriction wise, think about how you are and what you want going forward. Find a suitable place with a notebook and pen or mental log and your favourite environment in your home or when out walking and reflect and consider what you feel and will help you coming out of lockdown mentally and physically?
Tips of things to try and consider:
1) First off, keep yourself motivated and feeling as strong and positive as you can especially if your feeling more anxious than relieved right now. Start by writing down all the positive changes you have made since all this started and especially when full lock down occurred for you. from the smallest of things like, I gave up something unhealthy, I became fitter, I learnt a new skill, craft, tool on household challenge, decorated, decluttered, moved, Quality precious time with those in your house hold and all the changes you made that made you personally feel better. Don’t forget, the very fact we have got through the lock down is a Big achievement in itself!
2) It is a perfect time to revisit your core values and your centre what is important to you reevaluate this to see if they are the same or different from such a big life experience.
3) look ahead, ask yourself the following questions, what do I want now from life out of lock down? What do I want to do this summer? this year? Then what do I want to change and where do I want to be a year from now? You could also later think of this also with your partner and see what joint goals you have to as-well as your individual ones.
4) Have a moment to think if you are concerned, ask yourself, what are you most worried, scared about going back out into “new normal “ ? Then when you answer this ask yourself, what will help me no be as worried, scared about this or help me ease my anxiety with all this? What strategies can I draw upon which I know work? this could be from relaxation techniques, exercise, fresh air and walks, craft projects, creative projects, talking to somebody, writing things down, reading positive material and whatever works bespoke to you.
5) reflect back on, who, how and what’s really helped lift your Spirts throughout this whole experience? What can I take forward from this to keep me feeling lifted when new normal returns?
6) Plan ahead, draft out and try putting am down a plan of what your new structure, routine will be. Make sure you look at how you will plan and make sure you fit in all your individual needs, family, couple and fitness needs. Fill this plan and weekly schedule if you like, with things you really enjoy doing in your life going forward from, personal time, me time, exercise routines, hobbies, Quality family, time quality relationship time,making sure you don’t forget what you have learned from and enjoyed in lockdown, maybe you did exercise more, eat better, spend less time on screen time, find little country gems to go walking in your home town. It’s so important to keep continuing positive things you have worked hard on to bring to your life and to have as much as you can in your power a happy balanced lifestyle.
When The restrictions ease between now and summer,it’s important to remember with all these changes, when you get things back to “new normal”, kids at school, offices open, seeing friends and loved ones, events, gatherings allowed, social hubs opening and things move forward throughout this year you might experience a lot of different emotions and feelings, remember to remind yourself this is ok! everyone’s situation is unique we are all in the same storm but in different boats and whatever you feel, emotional or physically is ok.
Think about what you need to make this change post lockdown as stress free, kind and seamless as possible for both yourself and your family.
February is here the month of love so it the perfect time to look at what you love in your life right now, and what would you love to change/happen and be doing this year?
An Emotion such as Love is so powerful and important as it gives you drive and determination. Relationships are also so important. The relationships you have with your family, friends, and community can really matter but what about the relationship You have with yourself!
Do you ever look at how you treat yourself?It’s important to recognise if you put your self down our put limiting beliefs out there that stop you doing what you love.
Look at what your current personal priorities are it’s Identify how much they mean to you and the impact they have on you. Also It’s good to look at How much responsibility you have towards the priorities. Can you make them change, can you take control of them?
If you are able to be in control of them, ask yourself what would like to work on first ? What would make your life better and more enjoyable?
It’s important to invest in yourself and your time. When it comes to “me time “it’s so important to not think of it as a selfish act because it’s so important to ensure you are happy just like everyone else, you also matter!
The happier you are the more likely that you will find those around you are!
I find “me time” helps with all of the juggling and work life balance we all have to deal with at times and making sure time out for yourself is factored in and planned.
There is no time like the present, for me time to happen, you need to just ask yourself these questions to get the ball rolling and start to make your plans!
Work on these 4 questions:
1, if I could do anything what would I love to be doing?
2, What would I love to happen this year that’s within my control?
3,What do I love and enjoy in my life and how Can I factor it in more to my routine?
4, when can I start some of the above, Pick a date when the first step is going to happen! It’s more likely to come true if you write it down and commit to it!
Remember you are steering your direction you can change it, make a life you love with the things that you have the control over and power to change.
Sometimes life is hard and we all at times get dealt cards that are unexpected, negative or out of our control! and these can therefore take us off course. But with the things that you do have control over and are able to have responsibility for take a positive change and why not make it all lead to something you really want in your life!
Remember there is no failure in trying! Don’t regret things make things happen you deserve to be happy! You can’t change yesterday or the past, but tomorrow is yours for the taking …………enjoy!
It’s a great idea to try to start a routine in your morning, if you haven’t already, to get yourself in the best frame of mind, for the start of your day especially if in a lock down. Do something today ,that will help you feel better tomorrow. Here is some tips to start off your morning better…
1) Make the areas of your home, you are going to wake up and use first thing, tidy and clam. Pick say two areas,get this done the night before, just a quick tidy nothing to crazy just so it’s ready and feels in order,so it’s a clam usable space.
2) Right a quick list of things you want to achieve for the day, from ordering a food shop, sending some emails, exercise goal for the day etc.if you can’t do in the morning then list the night before ahead of the next day. Remember to tick them off as you go you will feel a Real sense of achievement.
3) Pick out what to wear for tomorrow, so when you wake up, it’s ready. Doing this will help you have a more positive wardrobe choice than you are likely to do if in a rush in the morning. for example if it’s a run first thing have it all ready for you to go do this in the morning,charge your fit bit, phone etc, so a positive start from the get go.
4) Wake up before the rest of the house, this is so you can have a moment to have your coffee, wake up properly ahead of the day, and anything it trows at you, such as work, homeschooling, house tasks and the work life balance you juggle
5) Make your breakfast count. Get organised, prep it all ready the night before into Tupperware , especially if you no, this is the only way you will have time round your activities to eat. Make it full of what you need to fuel your body for the start of your day. Make sure you include a glass of water first thing to when waking up, keeping hydrated is so important!
6) Morning movement, If you can fit in exercise In the morning then do! Ideally start with a stretch,walk, yoga or Pilates style workout that allows a lot of breathing and mindfulness, it will boost the start to your day so much. If you haven’t tried these things before, give them ago! Exercise really can give you a great positive boost, just what you having been missing or looking for,from your mornings.
With us all experiencing lock down at various times around the world, this brings many challenges and changes in many ways to our day to day life. The one thing we can try to keep control of is to look after ourselves as much as possible at this very unpredictable time, so be kind to yourself and try to listen to yours needs for getting trough this all as comfortably and healthy both mentally and physically as possible.
Tips that you might find helpful;
1) If your working from home try to think about the most suitable place to set up. A place that you can distinguish between work mode and home life. Space might be an issue and if so find a room you feel comfortable in and that can change throughout the day from work to your personal living environment.
2) Think about how you start your days,mornings can become incredibly important as they can set you up for the day. Try to make them good for you and ensure they include something that supports your mindset for the rest of the day. From a good cup of your favourite coffee or morning exercise routine. Maybe wake up at different time to the rest of your house hold so you have some space first thing for you when waking up.
3) This has put a dramatic shift in most of our routines so you might find it’s a good idea to have a weekly or daily Planner, keep a list of what you want from the week, when listed you can then tick off as you go. A weekly planner/list will also visually show that things can still happen and be achieve even if more home bound than normal.
4) When possible Get some daily Fresh air, if safe where you are to go outside this is great for clearing your head. Walks are great or get in the garden for half an hour take a lunch break your inside a lot more and it’s darker this time of year in some parts of the world so any day light and especially if a sunny winters day.
5) clear clutter, because lockdown means we will be in our homes a lot more it’s a good idea to make time to finally tackle areas of the home that feel chaotic or cluttered, plan in time to do this as you don’t want chaos around you, clear home clear mind.
6) creative pursuits, it might be worth having a projects list that you can occupy yourself with when feeling fed up or board, Creative pursuits for example from baking, cooking, making things to painting just try different things as ways of relaxing and expressing yourself at this unusual time.
7) Have a plan for when you find yourself feeling stressed or anxious that you can draw upon, think of what will help you, for example a run or walk, have a bath read a book, call a friend. Tackle one worry at a time, write it down and then write how you can solve it and what you can’t solve how you can manage how you deal with it even if it’s drawing a line and saying to yourself somethings you can’t control or do anything about, but for example anxiety from this can be managed when I go for a run or walk etc to help as coping strategies.
8) Connect to those who keep you positive and check in regularly with friends and family from calling, face timing each other and try to join in with any fun things in your on-line community from quizzes, art classes and exercise classes etc.
9) Make a list of things you want to do when things are back to a new Normal, positive things such as places you want to visit and activities you want to do keep connected to the future.
10) Make a positive place where you have photos, things that make you smile and feel centred amongst all the crazy going on even if it’s a box filled with things like memories of vacations, places and photos of friends, family, experiences you have had that where fun. It’s so important to remind yourself it hasn’t alway been like this and it won’t always be either.
11) Take a minute out from everything and everyone each day find a calm spot inside or outside that you can go to. Use this time and space as the spot for clam thinking, reading, relaxing exercise etc it’s your place for your pause break to restore and recharge yourself we all need a moment at time’s.
12) If tour not coping and finding yourself slipping make sure you tell someone, reach out and you won’t be alone many of us will feel like this at some point, sharing your worries will help as you won’t feel so alone in your head with it all. Your not failing because you need support, help or struggling be kind to yourself and just reach out.
Stay safe, well both mentally and physically and look after yourself.