February is here, the month of love so it the perfect time to look at what you love in your life right now, and what would you love to change/happen and be doing this year?
An Emotion such as Love is so powerful and important as it gives you drive and determination. Relationships are also so important. The relationships you have with your family, friends, and community can really matter but what about the relationship You have with yourself!
Do you ever look at how you treat yourself?It’s important to recognise if you put your self down our put limiting beliefs out there that stop you doing what you love.
Look at what your current personal priorities are it’s Identify how much they mean to you and the impact they have on you.Also It’s good to look at How much responsibility you have towards the priorities.
Can you make them change, can you take control of them? if you are able to be in control what can or would you like to work on first to make your life better and more enjoyable?
It’s important to invest in yourself and your time. When it comes to “me time “it’s so important to not think of it as a selfish act because it’s so important to ensure you are happy just like everyone else, you also matter!
The happier you are the more likely that you will find those around you are!I find it helps with all of the juggling and work life balance we all have to deal with at times making sure time out for yourself is factored in and planned.
There is no time like the present, me time can happen you need to just ask yourself these questions to get the ball rolling and start to make plans!
Work on these 4 questions:
1, if I could do anything what would I love to be doing?
2, What would I love to happen this year that’s within my control?
3,What do I love and enjoy in my life and how Can I factor it in more to my routine?
4, when can I start some of the above, Pick a date when the first step is going to happen! It’s more likely to come true if you write it down and commit to it!
Remember you are steering your direction you can change it,make a life you love with the things that you have the control over and power to change.
Sometimes life is hard and we all at times dealt cards that are unexpected, negative or out of our control! and these can therefore take us off course. But with the things that you do have control over and are able to have responsibility for positive change why not make it all lead to something you want!
Remember there is no failure in trying! Don’t regret things make things happen you deserve to be happy! You can’t change yesterday but tomorrow is yours for the taking…………enjoy!
With autumn well and truly here, it’s a season full of change and I use it as a season to prep for the winter and enjoy all the wonderful inspiration autumn has to offer. It’s a great time to declutter, forget spring cleaning enjoy “Autumn Organising”.
This time of year, I like to make changes to my living environment as I know over the coming weeks I will spend more time indoors as winter approaches. I like to change items in my living space as it creates a new mood and therefore a new energy in my home. My living room is the heart of my home so I always focus on this space and of course my bedroom. Things I aim for is looking at soft lighting as this keeps me feeling positive in the darker days as unfortunately unlike summer there isn’t long amounts of natural light so this is important to me and of course colour, I tend to change colours in my home once for spring/summer and then autumn/winter, choosing colours you are drawn to is so important. Right now, I am drawn to a cosy soft grey and warm autumn pink. For my living space. I like to change my throws, cushions, flowers and try to minimise things ahead of Christmas. This also could be items you can change, update, up-cycle or find on-line with little to no cost.
Autumn for me can affect my mood I notice now that I start off feeling a little flat when October approaches. However interestingly, Autumn tends to be a great season for me personally to focus. Autumn for me has a pattern I notice where anything I set out todo goal setting wise works. It’s important to work out if you have a season which you are at your best! Make a mental log of what season works best for you, this is a great tool and should be used when planning something that needs lot of focus and motivation, as this is when you’re at your optimum peak of positive mindset!
My Personal Autumn must dos are;
1, Take a bag and fill it with anything in your house you feel you’re ready to move on from, no-longer wear,use or need. Fill the bag and send it off to your local charity shop collection bags that come through the post or find out what food banks etc in the area are accepting at this time.
2, Try a new recipe and make something hearty to enjoy. I personally love using a slow cooker this time of year for seasonal vegetable stews, soups and dishes.
3, Pick a space in your home such as an area your drawn to and want to change. Try quick go-to changes first for example if it’s the sofa in your living room change the cushions and throw and see if it makes you feel uplifted or any different feeling to the space, more cosy, calm etc. Put up new photos and pictures that inspire the changes and new things going on in life right now, positive Visuals are great!
4, Pick a new scent, try a new perfume for you, a candle for your home, I went with an Autumn scented candle, lots of Sandalwood, Amber and burnt Orange to bring the crisp Autumn feeling in the home!
5, Have a go-to basket for inspiration and when you’re feeling inspired to do something like goal set, list right, plan-things or get creative. Have things in the basket like notebooks, pens, books, craft projects you want to do this season. This positive pod,means they are all conveniently ready for you, prep again is key!
6, With the darker night’s drawing in, I like to review my exercise routine, either get equipped for running in the dark or make routine changes and try some new remember winter creeps up on you so plan your new exercise routine now. Remember with exercise preparation is key!
7, This time of year can get expensive so maybe look at any positive changes that you can make to your shopping and outgoings, sometimes being organised with homemade lunches, prepared meals from scratch not only healthier but cost affective to, these things can really help make a positive spin on the pennies
8, Have list of things you want to go and do this season, step outside the comfort zone and do something that challenges you in a positive way, from on line zoom classes, to on-line learning, reading that book, visiting new outdoor spaces or trying a new hobby or exercise, go for it!
9, Go through your kitchen cupboards/pantry and see what you have that’s in date, but you won’t really use that you could give to your local food bank most super markets now have a trolley at the front you can give items to. You could even get some extra bits to give, I like to get pasta to add to my items I donate.
10, This is one of my favourites, get your diary full of social catch ups with all your friends, it’s so important to keep connected especially with people who make you happy! Organise face time or zoom catch ups outdoor walk meet ups,social distancing of course.
11, Something you might want to do is set a goal that can be complete between now and Christmas or winter ask yourself,
Q: By Christmas I would like to (blank)
Fill this answer in with something you would like to achieve in these time frames.
12, I like to go through my clothing and make a capsule wardrobe (collection of a few essential items) and put a few full out fits together that I want to wear and that make me feel positive. It’s fun to sometimes get ideas for AW21 fashion, hair, accessories and makeup for inspirations.
Ever think your plodding along waiting to actually be the real you and live your life the way you want. Become and being who you truly are and want to be?
Do you feel like you start with good intentions to do just this and then Life throws things your way ! Then you have to deal with what’s thrown at you and sometimes it feel constant, so you need time to process the impact of this and what’s been caused as a result.
When these things happen to get through We sometimes have to sacrifice what we wanted, stop and ease all pressure and our personal priorities have to change, shift and our direction then,some times even if temporary has to change.
Then Once the impact of what’s been trown your way becomes the new normal, is resolved, is accepted or has past we can then revaluate where we are and want to go next with our own personal journey again. Back on track or new track. But how do we ensure we can get to where we want to be even with the rollacoaster of life, how can we still become who we want to be and keep creating a lifestyle we want and not keep losing it?
Some ideas of the Steps you could consider and take to help you understand more about who you are, what you want in life and the key to unlocking your true self ….
1) First off it’s important to find out what makes you happy!; Think of all the things that you currently do that makes you feel good, make you feel like your really living and alive, things that make you feel that’s zest again for life. Factor them into your life more and often.
2) No what triggers off your mood swings or various behaviours. It’s a good ideas to keep a mood diary to spot any tiggers both good and bad in your life and day to day, so you can workout what causes these and have more or less time and energy on these things!what ever your mood, sad, angry, worried, scared, happy, excited, motivated etc the list goes on work out what makes you feel what, then un-pick it all from your diary to help you get a clear picture of what you can change if possible.
3) Ask yourself what do I want in my life? What do you want to become in life now? To help you with this there is an exercise you can do, imagine what your ideal self would be like in description if could meet your future self say in 3-5yrs time. what would you want this person to be like and do and have ? Then describe this version of yourself , what words and description have you used. Use this as a basis for current aims and goal setting.
4) To move forward you have to let go of what holds you back. Consider what at the moment dose this?what are you thinking and believing that could limit you, stop you from moving on? Think about areas of yourself and life which you feel make you feel more negative about who you are. Think about what can be done to get rid of these feelings? As limiting beliefs. How can you support yourself to move forward with this so you feel less negative, held back or so fearful.
5) Understand the importance of Self worth, acceptance and belief. How can you help yourself accept yourself more and the things you don’t want to accept make changes to, so they become what you will or want to accept. It’s important to learn how to understand what you can change via what you cannot. Learn to draw a line under those things so you can be free of such negativity and anything toxic and move on finally in your life, most importantly then be free of those things you once harboured inside, creating more space to fill with new positive things form moving forward in your life and all the good these new steps bring.
6) Think about what makes feel the real best version of you! What do you like ?what makes you feel confident, what is it you do that makes you feel happy, your most content and what do you enjoy, what can be added to your day to day life to keep you on track, what do you use to boost yourself. Then consider how often you move outside the comfort zone and take on new ventures, challenges and tasks? Do you currently and rarely do this? If so then maybe think about what would challenge you the right amount to inject some newness into your life? That’s if you want of course. This often can be the smallest step at first but it becomes a seed of change for you, because every step leads to something new, a shift, the start of a new direction in your life. The hardest part is taking the step in the first place.
7) Remember perfect doesn’t exists strive for your best but not prefect, giving things your best will definitely do! keep things real and sustainable no failing their, you can also build a lifestyle off things that are sustainable, allowing you to keep to a level you want to be at which is achievable and maintainable.
8) Learn to say no more and not spend lots of time on things and people that you feel impact your mental health, limit things that make you feel faraway from who you are and drain you, life’s to short.
9) Know yourself , recognise when your slipping and what strategies work to keep you as grounded and stable both mentally and physically as possible, top this up daily and regularly it’s so important.
9) Accept that good things take time, allow yourself time to process what’s happened in your life, no that you will move forward again when the times right when any trauma occurs, no that it’s perfectly normal to need time to repair, grieve, process any trauma, in life and be kind to yourself and reach out if you feel your struggling. Find a community you feel part of to work through and support each other, connect and in turn this could help you to feel less alone and isolated.
10) Don’t deflate and dim down who you are to please others, life’s to short so shine, find others who allow you to shine and radiate off each other and have a tribe who is definitely your vibe around you.
11) Remember your human and we all have bad days, sad days low days your not a robot,you will experience different emotions in life and that perfectly ok!
12) Be aware that Your mental health will change rapidly at times in life, when unexpected things happen. workout what helps you feel stable and use these strategies regularly to keep yourself topped up.
13) Value your health make a small step then another, keep adding one you commit to one for long enough it becomes a lifestyle. Changes that are realistic and sustainable allowing you to constantly improve your overall lifestyle.
14) understand the importance of Self-care, value how important this is, do things that support you and promote your well-being and no how this can be affected on good days and bad days and factor in time for you to look after yourself and needs.
15) No what you need and how to make it happen for yourself. This isn’t a selfish act! it’s key to success “you time” is key for your mental health, physically health and well being it’s what supports your success and happiness.
Remember You hold the key to “you” now you just need to know how to turn it ….
Struggling to remember life before full lock down?
Wanting to connect and identify back to who you are? what you normally look like? Normallly wear beyond pjs and workout gear or your favourite lounge suit? Thinking what is it I Normally would do and now can do? or are allowed to do again, when? and most of all what you’ve learnt, changes you’ve made and all the small to big achievements,progresses in such hard and challenging time you have achieved!
First off, remember you have never been probably more isolated at times, patient, pushed, emotional, had to cope with dramatic changes, from family dynamists, income, pressure, routine, relationships and never before been and had to be so many roll’s in day to day life, from parent, colleague, teacher, to full time 24/7 all round the clock provider to your household. We have all had to dig deep and hard this winter on such a dip level resilience wise during a winters lock down! and all the last 12 months has brought to the world, a year of incredibly turbulent challenging changes.
So, When lockdown eases and things start to be let’s say somewhat a “new normal”, what dose that mean to you? Look like? And how dose it make you feel?
For many of us we may be a mixed bag of relief, false pretence, fear worry, anxiety and many more where that came from. Their May be some areas in your life which will now change as a result of al this or have because of this. You maybe thinking what will the new future look like when more restrictions are eased. This can be form your work, career, where you live location wise, Friends and family dynamics the lifestyle you have via want and the direction you are wanting to go in now since the world somewhat changed.
It’s a really good idea to have a moment before you are back running around on the school run, back to your allowed normal restriction wise, think about how you are and what you want going forward. Find a suitable place with a notebook and pen or mental log and your favourite environment in your home or when out walking and reflect and consider what you feel and will help you coming out of lockdown mentally and physically?
Tips of things to try and consider:
1) First off, keep yourself motivated and feeling as strong and positive as you can especially if your feeling more anxious than relieved right now. Start by writing down all the positive changes you have made since all this started and especially when full lock down occurred for you. from the smallest of things like, I gave up something unhealthy, I became fitter, I learnt a new skill, craft, tool on household challenge, decorated, decluttered, moved, Quality precious time with those in your house hold and all the changes you made that made you personally feel better. Don’t forget, the very fact we have got through the lock down is a Big achievement in itself!
2) It is a perfect time to revisit your core values and your centre what is important to you reevaluate this to see if they are the same or different from such a big life experience.
3) look ahead, ask yourself the following questions, what do I want now from life out of lock down? What do I want to do this summer? this year? Then what do I want to change and where do I want to be a year from now? You could also later think of this also with your partner and see what joint goals you have to as-well as your individual ones.
4) Have a moment to think if you are concerned, ask yourself, what are you most worried, scared about going back out into “new normal “ ? Then when you answer this ask yourself, what will help me no be as worried, scared about this or help me ease my anxiety with all this? What strategies can I draw upon which I know work? this could be from relaxation techniques, exercise, fresh air and walks, craft projects, creative projects, talking to somebody, writing things down, reading positive material and whatever works bespoke to you.
5) reflect back on, who, how and what’s really helped lift your Spirts throughout this whole experience? What can I take forward from this to keep me feeling lifted when new normal returns?
6) Plan ahead, draft out and try putting am down a plan of what your new structure, routine will be. Make sure you look at how you will plan and make sure you fit in all your individual needs, family, couple and fitness needs. Fill this plan and weekly schedule if you like, with things you really enjoy doing in your life going forward from, personal time, me time, exercise routines, hobbies, Quality family, time quality relationship time,making sure you don’t forget what you have learned from and enjoyed in lockdown, maybe you did exercise more, eat better, spend less time on screen time, find little country gems to go walking in your home town. It’s so important to keep continuing positive things you have worked hard on to bring to your life and to have as much as you can in your power a happy balanced lifestyle.
When The restrictions ease between now and summer,it’s important to remember with all these changes, when you get things back to “new normal”, kids at school, offices open, seeing friends and loved ones, events, gatherings allowed, social hubs opening and things move forward throughout this year you might experience a lot of different emotions and feelings, remember to remind yourself this is ok! everyone’s situation is unique we are all in the same storm but in different boats and whatever you feel, emotional or physically is ok.
Think about what you need to make this change post lockdown as stress free, kind and seamless as possible for both yourself and your family.
Spring is coming, lighter days, warmer weather and hope on the horizon, There’s never been a better time to get planning, looking ahead and set your action plan to step into spring….
Think about what you want and the steps you need to get there, make a list of daily tasks, weekly steps that will get you to where you want to be this season.
Review where you are, what do you want next out of life, what are you aiming for? What’s next on your chapter?
Spring steps and tips of areas to focus on:
1) Clear out your old clothes, make a wardrobe that reflect you at your best, revamp yourself and style for spring. From looks, fabrics, colours, make up, accessories and self care routines to Maximise your confidence and self worth. Remember Your worth it!
2) Out with the old in with the new, review items you store in your home whatever isn’t being used and you don’t love! give it chance for a new life to become a treasure or use to someone else. Up cycle, recycle and give to those in need via your local charities.
3) Plan ahead the things you want to have and look forward to this spring. From a new challenge, venture that trip or staycation away this summer. It’s so important to have things to look forward to no Matter how small they may be. To keep you looking ahead, giving you motivation and drive.
4) Review your routine, with spring around the corner the days will be lighter for longer think about your fitness routines, Review your goals make tweaks where they’re needed to keep you feeling and getting the results you want and deserve. Keeping you determined, focused and accountable. It’s great to be able to do a lot more of your workouts outside and more options due to the weather change. Look to challenge yourself and revamp where you need to your workouts.
5) Review your eating habits and what will be in season this spring from vegetables, and fruit. Update your ingredients make things more interesting with what’s available. Find new and inspiring recipes. Review your nutrition, vitamins, nutrients, mineral intake, maximise free online support tools and apps that help you log these things and water intake!
6) Get more fresh air, Get out when safe to and get lots of Fresh air! we have been in fair to much! Especially now the days are lot more lighter, walking is so good for your well-being and mindfulness.
7) Review your Sustainability, consider anything you can do to help promote this. Review your garden is there anything you can grow and provide for yourself such as vegetables, herbs and fruits? is there an allotment or community garden you can get involved with? Perhaps support a charity you can make a donation with of any of your old garden pots and seeds to support others who may not have a garden. Gardening is super for supporting good mental health.
8) Spring clean Declutter, Spurs up your home, make a few changes weathers it’s more plants, colour scheme, Minimalise clutter and give life to the new area in your home that’s not currently being utilised properly, clear areas of chaos, a tidy home is so much better for promoting a clear mind.
9) Take on new and exciting personal and self development tasks, goals and challenges that put a spring in your step! fire in your belly, that takes you out of your comfort zone, that you’ve got into over winter and spring into new challenges this spring.
10) Ask yourself how happy am I at the moment? How much am I enjoying what I do weekly, daily right now? what can I do to make myself feel happier, list out thoughts of new suggestions and how you could introduce new things that keep your zest for life and your happiness at a top priority. Find how to keep or find your zest for life again and your happiness at the top of your weekly daily priorities.
11) Self-care, look at including steps and strategies to ensure you’re regularly checking in on yourself. Think about how your well-being is and how you’re caring for yourself, ask yourself if there’s any improvements you want to make? What’s been working over winter? what might have been the most hardest time for self-care to be at optimum level, use spring as a great time to ensure your on the best path for you possible.and Get list making a write down the steps and prioritise this! it’s not selfish it’s key to you enjoying your life. Draw on strategies that work and include them in your plan will ensure success.