It’s so easy to think negatively at times about yourself and put yourself down, but have you ever tried it the other way round, thinking positively about yourself instead?
Think of all the times you got back up when life knocked you down, each time you said enough and made a change in your life all the fight you have had in you and determination.
Look at your character, you will be full of personality, skills, attributes and ability in many fields to succeed; some you might not have had the chance to unlock till now, but believe me we each have a wonderful positive contribution to give to both ourselves and others.
So go ahead start your list, ask yourself;
1,what our your personal strengths and list them;
2, list all of the things your happy with about you and your life right now;
3, Find a positive word that you feel best sums you up ! Us this as a tool to help you keep going when you have a challenging day especially when you feel like giving up;
4, Become strong in who you are, remember the inside is just as important as the outside. Make yourself solid to the core in your values, visions and future. Don’t let anyone or anything take that from you, stay true to who you are and allow yourself to grow, progress and most of all enjoy your life!
The new year is almost here and it’s the perfect opportunity to make a fresh new chapter and start. This years been a crazy one to say the least and challenging to all of us at times and definitely brings home a BIG reminder that life is precious and short, so there is no time to waste when it comes to your happiness.
Below are some Tips for Success in making your goals happen;
1)Keep a diary list of tasks each day of the steps you want to take, tick them off as you go.
2) Have a object of reference to support you to stay focussed and example is “That dress or suit” hanging up you want to fit into again or brought to wear when you go to ….
3) don’t underestimate the power of positivity that physical movement provides when you need a mood boost. This can help keep you pushing in the right direction. Don’t under estimate endorphins, highly recommend even just going for a gentle walk when safe to do so lockdown wise whenever possible.
4) Have a list of new things to try, from projects you want to do or finally complete. Keep this new year more fun and interesting, try new things, new activities and visit places you haven’t before, keep things motivational and moving throughout 2021 outside the comfort zone. Plan what you would love to do or a list of what you miss and will do as soon as lockdown and things are all possible again to do round covid etc,
5) Surround yourself with people that boost you, that want you to succeed and make you feel good about who you are. It’s so true your tribe is your vibe.
6) Make time for “me time”. It’s not selfish it’s vital.
7) Get plenty of fresh air,surrounded yourself in some good “old free fresh air” in natural surroundings in the great outdoors. The breaks by going for a walk and taking in new surroundings can help you keep your mind in check and keep you feeling positive.
8) Think about what helps you on the days where your motivation slips, make note of the “go-to’s” that spur you on! When looking at the new year 2021,
9) don’t forget how far you have come,reflect on your successes. Make sure you remind yourself of all the steps you have already taken just to get to where you are! Use phots, diary anything that you can reflect back on start to present day of your journey.
10) Make sure don’t lose your identity, you can be a mum, dad, husband, wife, partner, professional, but most importantly your you make sure that you still identify as who you are not just to all the other identities you have. if you feel this is slipping priorities this as focus area to reconnect with yourself.
The New year can create a mix batch of emotions. It might be about letting go of what has been and cant be changed. It can bring hope, a fresh start looking ahead,new beginning, but also try not to be pressured by it all, do what you feel you can, when you can and when it feels right for you when it comes to goal setting. It Doesn’t have to be January you start what you want to accomplish when you want something go for it whatever the day month year.
When ever your ready to set out your goals and you feel ready you can try this exercise;
1) Get a note pad and pen and list all the things that come to mind, List them all down on paper.
2) Once you have a list then choose which of the things on your list you want to focus on most and then narrow it down to 2-3 of them to start with.
3) When your choosing these 2-3 ask yourself which of the things will make you feel happier and help you progress to where you want to be?
4) Once chosen, the next thing is to think of what it is you need to do to achieve them or change to reach them. Think about what small steps You can make happen in the right direction for each of the 2-3 items you have chosen.
5) Then commit and decide when you are starting this plan of action and put a date or mark it in your diary, it’s proven when you write things down your more likely to actually do them. Again as always tick them off as you go so you can actually see how much closer you are to where you want to be from where you started.
Remember perseverance is key you get out what you put in, so give it your all, this proves your really invested and want this goal rather than feel you should be doing it! Keep the path true to you!
Wishing you all a safe, healthy and very happy new year 2021
With January out the way and spring round the corner February is a fab month to really focus on yourself and what you want for this year!
It’s a great Time to Set small realistic steps to get you to where you want and picture your end results! Each time you complete a step or action remember you are closer to this than ever before.Keep on track as your the only person responsible to make this happen for you! and you can do this! As long as you really want to!
Remember it’s easy to get pulled down by things and lose sense of direction so avoid anything or anyone You can that might impact you in a negative way, or might stop you getting to your goal.
Remember there will be days where you will do nothing and it’s perfectly ok to do this, it’s great for processing things and allows you time to pause and reflect.
There will be those days where you get lots done and feel liberated and then those days where you want to give up and throw it all away,but don’t! you just need to see how far you have come and where you are against where you once were and keep going.
So what are you waiting for you are all the tools you need to make things happen
February is here the month of love so it the perfect time to look at what you love in your life right now, and what would you love to change/happen and be doing this year?
An Emotion such as Love is so powerful and important as it gives you drive and determination. Relationships are also so important. The relationships you have with your family, friends, and community can really matter but what about the relationship You have with yourself! Do you ever look at how you treat yourself?
It’s important to recognise if you put your self down our put limiting beliefs out there that stop you doing what you love.
Look at what your current personal priorities are it’s Identify how much they mean to you and the impact they have on you.
Also It’s good to look at How much responsibility you have towards the priorities. Can you make them change, can you take control of them? if you are able to be in control what can or would you like to work on first to make your life better and more enjoyable?
It’s important to invest in yourself and your time. When it comes to “me time “it’s so important to not think of it as a selfish act because it’s so important to ensure you are happy just like everyone else, you also matter! The happier you are the more likely that you will find those around you are!
I find it helps with all of the juggling and work life balance we all have to deal with at times making sure time out for yourself is factored in and planned.
There is no time like the present, me time can happen you need to just ask yourself these questions to get the ball rolling and start to make plans!
Work on these 4 questions:
1, if I could do anything what would I love to be doing?
2, What would I love to happen this year that’s within my control?
3,What do I love and enjoy in my life and how Can I factor it in more to my routine?
4, when can I start some of the above, Pick a date when the first step is going to happen! It’s more likely to come true if you write it down and commit to it!
Remember you are steering your direction you can change it,make a life you love with the things that you have the control over and power to change. Sometimes life is hard and we all at times dealt cards that are unexpected, negative or out of our control! and these can therefore take us off course. But with the things that you do have control over and are able to have responsibility for positive change why not make it all lead to something you want!
Remember there is no failure in trying! Don’t regret things make things happen you deserve to be happy!
You can’t change yesterday but tomorrow is yours for the taking…………enjoy!
The new year is almost here and it’s the perfect opportunity to make it the “you year”; find out who you want to be and make it happen!
This new year make every step count; remember goals don’t have to be too Big to be as equally important!
Remember perseverance also shows your really invested and truly want what your aiming for rather than “I should be doing this but don’t really want to”.
Keep the path true to you!
Keeping visuals on your “you year” to motivate you. Help from photos or that item of clothing you want to wear to identify yourself. You might want to have words to help describe you; such as active, healthy, happy.
Success step examples might be;
Keep a diary, have a tick-off chart for each day you did what you set out to do;
An object such as, “That dress or suit” hanging up you want to fit again and feel the best you can be;
That fun dance class that doesn’t feel like exercise but is helping you be more active;
The walk or hike with friends, which means your socialising and being active all in one go;
Have a list of new things to try, projects you want to do round the house to make you feel productive and organised.
Keep this new year fun and interesting, try new things, new activities and visit places you haven’t before, keep things motivational and moving throughout 2019!
Remember something that challenges you positively both mentally and physically is important as it links in your mind and body healthy.
Surround yourself with people that boost you to want to succeed and feel good about who you are. Take part in activities that motivate you and always have something that are also just for you “me time”
Create a list of days out for when you have free time so your ready and prepared to max the use of this time and go and do something positive and planed; such as walks in parks/gardens you may you have annual access to and surrounded yourself in some good “old free fresh air” in natural surroundings of the great outdoors.
Another really good tip is, when your in a good place ask yourself what helps you on the days where you motivation slips a little, then make note of the “go-to’s” that spur you on!
When looking at the new year 2020, remind yourself of all the steps you have already taken to get to where you are!
I love when a new year comes around and letting go of what has been and cant be changed and looking ahead at the new beginning ahead.
My diary has a clear page and a fresh start! So when it comes to the new year I have realistic but motivational goals for myself and I can’t wait.
I work out what I want to focus on, what will make me happy and narrow it down to 4 areas of my life right now and what small steps I can make in the right direction in each.