The new year is almost here and it’s the perfect opportunity to make a fresh new chapter and start. This years been a crazy one to say the least and challenging to all of us at times and definitely brings home a BIG reminder that life is precious and short, so there is no time to waste when it comes to your happiness.
Below are some Tips for Success in making your goals happen;
1)Keep a diary list of tasks each day of the steps you want to take, tick them off as you go.
2) Have a object of reference to support you to stay focussed and example is “That dress or suit” hanging up you want to fit into again or brought to wear when you go to ….
3) don’t underestimate the power of positivity that physical movement provides when you need a mood boost. This can help keep you pushing in the right direction. Don’t under estimate endorphins, highly recommend even just going for a gentle walk when safe to do so lockdown wise whenever possible.
4) Have a list of new things to try, from projects you want to do or finally complete. Keep this new year more fun and interesting, try new things, new activities and visit places you haven’t before, keep things motivational and moving throughout 2021 outside the comfort zone. Plan what you would love to do or a list of what you miss and will do as soon as lockdown and things are all possible again to do round covid etc,
5) Surround yourself with people that boost you, that want you to succeed and make you feel good about who you are. It’s so true your tribe is your vibe.
6) Make time for “me time”. It’s not selfish it’s vital.
7) Get plenty of fresh air,surrounded yourself in some good “old free fresh air” in natural surroundings in the great outdoors. The breaks by going for a walk and taking in new surroundings can help you keep your mind in check and keep you feeling positive.
8) Think about what helps you on the days where your motivation slips, make note of the “go-to’s” that spur you on! When looking at the new year 2021,
9) don’t forget how far you have come,reflect on your successes. Make sure you remind yourself of all the steps you have already taken just to get to where you are! Use phots, diary anything that you can reflect back on start to present day of your journey.
10) Make sure don’t lose your identity, you can be a mum, dad, husband, wife, partner, professional, but most importantly your you make sure that you still identify as who you are not just to all the other identities you have. if you feel this is slipping priorities this as focus area to reconnect with yourself.
The New year can create a mix batch of emotions. It might be about letting go of what has been and cant be changed. It can bring hope, a fresh start looking ahead,new beginning, but also try not to be pressured by it all, do what you feel you can, when you can and when it feels right for you when it comes to goal setting. It Doesn’t have to be January you start what you want to accomplish when you want something go for it whatever the day month year.
When ever your ready to set out your goals and you feel ready you can try this exercise;
1) Get a note pad and pen and list all the things that come to mind, List them all down on paper.
2) Once you have a list then choose which of the things on your list you want to focus on most and then narrow it down to 2-3 of them to start with.
3) When your choosing these 2-3 ask yourself which of the things will make you feel happier and help you progress to where you want to be?
4) Once chosen, the next thing is to think of what it is you need to do to achieve them or change to reach them. Think about what small steps You can make happen in the right direction for each of the 2-3 items you have chosen.
5) Then commit and decide when you are starting this plan of action and put a date or mark it in your diary, it’s proven when you write things down your more likely to actually do them. Again as always tick them off as you go so you can actually see how much closer you are to where you want to be from where you started.
Remember perseverance is key you get out what you put in, so give it your all, this proves your really invested and want this goal rather than feel you should be doing it! Keep the path true to you!
Wishing you all a safe, healthy and very happy new year 2021