So the end of January is here! Hows your motivation,Still feeling determined?
It’s so easy to hit the start of January with great intentions even a “go hard or go home approach” whatever your goals, whether it’s a new routine, job, workout, business venture or personal development journey or any chosen change you want to make this year to your life!
But you also need to sustain your aims for the long haul making them “life style choices“, which are permanent and not short lived. Unless you change your goal then that’s different!
What works now might not work in the next chapter but don’t let your motivation wear off! Keep yourself going and motivated.
It’s important to to keep your aims in site, it will make a big difference.
3 tips to keep you on track;
1) Make a note of what and why you are doing this all for, what it will lead to and remind yourself of this each time you feel a dip. Visuals are good to use and can keep you being you!
2) Have something to look forward to, book a break; plan a social event; sign up to a sport challenge, such as a run; have a load of small projects you want to do, a declutter or your new garden project; trying new recipes or leaning something new.
3) Mark down your steps along the way, keep a log like a diary, however, you want to show the aims of the day and tick them off when you have done them, such as 3 things today I am going to get done that will support my goals and keep me motivated.
Have fun along the way, keep things enjoyable, change it up to stay on track there is no one size fits all, remember your the pilot in all of this, your the making of these good things that can happen!
Most things you’ll find that are positive in your life, will lead to more good things in your future, so focus on them. Be aware how far you have come!
Only look back to see how far you have come every positive change has an impact no matter how small it may seem! It’s your change so own it!
With 2022 on the horizon and 2021 closing to an end,here’s some helpful steps on how to make the New Year yours….
1) Think about what makes you really happy and make time for this as much as possible! like the old saying goes “you get out what you put in” your happiness is the best investment you could ever make so prioritise this whenever possible.
2) Make a small permanent change in direction you want. choose things you can achieve, maintain and sustain, make a lifestyle as supposed to drastic measures that will just leave you back where you started.
3) Move more, Look at any form of exercise you would enjoy doing and try to include this regularly in your life. If you don’t like the exercise you have already tried then find out what makes you have that buzz for movement again, for example if you don’t like running then don’t run! look at alternatives. if you love dance maybe look at aerobic dance forms of exercise, that you could take up instead.
4) Progress over perfection always choose progress it’s more sustainable and doesn’t leave you feeling un accomplished and exhausted, if your making progress where you want then isn’t that the most perfect outcome!
5) Accountability one of the best things you could ever do is face where you are and decide where you want to be and look at what you can do to own the situation and make it yours.
6) Learn to let go, you will feel so much lighter mentally, than when you hold onto things that are toxic, Draw a line on what cannot be changed.
7) Get outside and as much fresh air as you possibly can, it really helps to gain perspective by having a change of scene some light movement and fresh air . It’s so good for your well-being too!
8) You tribe is definitely your vibe, pick wisely, Invest your time in people who radiate positive energy that make you feel your best self, that leave you feeling inspired not drained.
9) Recognise what you have accomplished and achieved already, celebrate you! start to recognise the steps you have already taken, they are so important every step know matter how small counts! Remember how far you have come and you can do this!
10) Make time for “Me Time” it is incredibly important make sure you make time for yourself regularly, it’s not selfish, it’s you investing in you.
11) Do things that challenge you in the right way, this will stop things becoming and feeling stagnant for you, it’s good to take steps outside your comfort zone and try new things, challenges and experiences, enjoy being inspired.
12) Recognise your own strength. It’s really is a true strength to own your situation, deciding to start making that change in the direction you want, knowing it’s not going to be easy but it’s going to be worth it. Owning the hard days as well as the good, learning and working on strategies that help you move through these times.
13) Declutter,make space for you! make your environments feel supportive to your mind if you feel clutter does overwhelm and affect your mood,try to support yourself for making time to Declutter and make your space better for you. Give things new life by donating to charity or upcycle projects, use it or lose it.
14) Review anything you’ve been doing for a long time that you feel needs tweaking, revamping in your life, anything around your lifestyle, if you start to feel things have be become a bit stagnant and you want to feel more inspired make a tweak or change here or there to keep yourself on track and still progressing and more importantly enjoying what you’re doing.
15) Ask yourself what inspires me,what makes you feel really motivated and take inspiration from this whenever possible. Sometimes it’s helpful to have visuals whether it’s photographs or pictures,do whatever helps you feel inspired, draw upon these especially in moments where you feel you might be slipping back to old habits and needing motivated.
16) Have confidence,look at things that will boost your confidence this can be simply a wardrobe change a exercise routine change, new activity or club, new skin or nutrition routine something that will just give you that piece of “newness” you feel you want for 2022
17) Revisit some of the goals you may have set, ask your self have these changed? it’s okay if they haven’t or have. If you have some new ones get them down on paper, it’s also okay if nothing comes to mind there’s no pressure there for you, know one else.
18) when did you last feel the best version of you? take a moment to look at when you last felt the closest to the you, who you identify as yourself , the you, you really are and want to be more of! Ask yourself,who where you with? what where you doing ?what was the environment you where in and just take a moment to think about this and see if you want to include any this in any of your thoughts when looking at your future and goal setting and the changes that you want to make to your lifestyle.
19) Get creative, look at things that you might like to try that help you visit your creative diet, this can be anything from New recipes, New craft projects, writing photography art see if anything takes your fancy and enjoy exploring your creative side.
20) Sign up to something new, if something takes your fancy and makes you feel excited and inspired why not sign up to that new challenge you come across next in 2022, what’s the worst that could happen you decide it’s not for you but you’ve achieved something different and you go for it!
21) Take a moment, grab a notebook and pen find somewhere you feel inspired to be a bit reflective and ask yourself what do I want? jot down everything that comes to mind, then choose something you have written on the page, that jumps out to you, to help give you some direction if you feel a bit lost about where to start, when looking at setting goals yourself.
22) Visit new surroundings, places and environments take inspiration from the things around you, enjoy exploring new settings.
Remember there is absolutely no pressure to change or do anything, unless you want to! Wishing you a very healthy and happy 2022!
This Christmas don’t forget to make time for you and look after your mental health. If your someone who needs routine or to maintain some elements of your life to keep yourself in check then do just that keep up those strategies.
Don’t lose sight of what you normally would do in a normal week to balance out how you cope with all the juggling of day to day life.
Recognise when you feel yourself slipping a little and make it a priority to help yourself balance out again. Don’t leave it to get worse.
Make sure you have a moment to yourself for yourself. It’s good to process the day and anything on your mind and acknowledge those thoughts.This in hand will also help you to prevent from bottling it all up. Bottling things up can only lead at some point to an explosion. Explosion of emotion, fear, Self sabotage or feeling overwhelm because you haven’t allowed yourself time, time to process and think through your feelings and thoughts.
Remember it’s just as important to exercise your mind as it is your body.
Wishing your all a very Merry Mental health this Christmas.
The new year is almost here and it’s the perfect opportunity to make a fresh new chapter and start. This years been a crazy one to say the least and challenging to all of us at times and definitely brings home a BIG reminder that life is precious and short, so there is no time to waste when it comes to your happiness.
Below are some Tips for Success in making your goals happen;
1)Keep a diary list of tasks each day of the steps you want to take, tick them off as you go.
2) Have a object of reference to support you to stay focussed and example is “That dress or suit” hanging up you want to fit into again or brought to wear when you go to ….
3) don’t underestimate the power of positivity that physical movement provides when you need a mood boost. This can help keep you pushing in the right direction. Don’t under estimate endorphins, highly recommend even just going for a gentle walk when safe to do so lockdown wise whenever possible.
4) Have a list of new things to try, from projects you want to do or finally complete. Keep this new year more fun and interesting, try new things, new activities and visit places you haven’t before, keep things motivational and moving throughout 2021 outside the comfort zone. Plan what you would love to do or a list of what you miss and will do as soon as lockdown and things are all possible again to do round covid etc,
5) Surround yourself with people that boost you, that want you to succeed and make you feel good about who you are. It’s so true your tribe is your vibe.
6) Make time for “me time”. It’s not selfish it’s vital.
7) Get plenty of fresh air,surrounded yourself in some good “old free fresh air” in natural surroundings in the great outdoors. The breaks by going for a walk and taking in new surroundings can help you keep your mind in check and keep you feeling positive.
8) Think about what helps you on the days where your motivation slips, make note of the “go-to’s” that spur you on! When looking at the new year 2021,
9) don’t forget how far you have come,reflect on your successes. Make sure you remind yourself of all the steps you have already taken just to get to where you are! Use phots, diary anything that you can reflect back on start to present day of your journey.
10) Make sure don’t lose your identity, you can be a mum, dad, husband, wife, partner, professional, but most importantly your you make sure that you still identify as who you are not just to all the other identities you have. if you feel this is slipping priorities this as focus area to reconnect with yourself.
The New year can create a mix batch of emotions. It might be about letting go of what has been and cant be changed. It can bring hope, a fresh start looking ahead,new beginning, but also try not to be pressured by it all, do what you feel you can, when you can and when it feels right for you when it comes to goal setting. It Doesn’t have to be January you start what you want to accomplish when you want something go for it whatever the day month year.
When ever your ready to set out your goals and you feel ready you can try this exercise;
1) Get a note pad and pen and list all the things that come to mind, List them all down on paper.
2) Once you have a list then choose which of the things on your list you want to focus on most and then narrow it down to 2-3 of them to start with.
3) When your choosing these 2-3 ask yourself which of the things will make you feel happier and help you progress to where you want to be?
4) Once chosen, the next thing is to think of what it is you need to do to achieve them or change to reach them. Think about what small steps You can make happen in the right direction for each of the 2-3 items you have chosen.
5) Then commit and decide when you are starting this plan of action and put a date or mark it in your diary, it’s proven when you write things down your more likely to actually do them. Again as always tick them off as you go so you can actually see how much closer you are to where you want to be from where you started.
Remember perseverance is key you get out what you put in, so give it your all, this proves your really invested and want this goal rather than feel you should be doing it! Keep the path true to you!
Wishing you all a safe, healthy and very happy new year 2021
February is here the month of love so it the perfect time to look at what you love in your life right now, and what would you love to change/happen and be doing this year?
An Emotion such as Love is so powerful and important as it gives you drive and determination. Relationships are also so important. The relationships you have with your family, friends, and community can really matter but what about the relationship You have with yourself! Do you ever look at how you treat yourself?
It’s important to recognise if you put your self down our put limiting beliefs out there that stop you doing what you love.
Look at what your current personal priorities are it’s Identify how much they mean to you and the impact they have on you.
Also It’s good to look at How much responsibility you have towards the priorities. Can you make them change, can you take control of them? if you are able to be in control what can or would you like to work on first to make your life better and more enjoyable?
It’s important to invest in yourself and your time. When it comes to “me time “it’s so important to not think of it as a selfish act because it’s so important to ensure you are happy just like everyone else, you also matter! The happier you are the more likely that you will find those around you are!
I find it helps with all of the juggling and work life balance we all have to deal with at times making sure time out for yourself is factored in and planned.
There is no time like the present, me time can happen you need to just ask yourself these questions to get the ball rolling and start to make plans!
Work on these 4 questions:
1, if I could do anything what would I love to be doing?
2, What would I love to happen this year that’s within my control?
3,What do I love and enjoy in my life and how Can I factor it in more to my routine?
4, when can I start some of the above, Pick a date when the first step is going to happen! It’s more likely to come true if you write it down and commit to it!
Remember you are steering your direction you can change it,make a life you love with the things that you have the control over and power to change. Sometimes life is hard and we all at times dealt cards that are unexpected, negative or out of our control! and these can therefore take us off course. But with the things that you do have control over and are able to have responsibility for positive change why not make it all lead to something you want!
Remember there is no failure in trying! Don’t regret things make things happen you deserve to be happy!
You can’t change yesterday but tomorrow is yours for the taking…………enjoy!