So the end of January is here! Hows your motivation,Still feeling determined?
It’s so easy to hit the start of January with great intentions even a “go hard or go home approach” whatever your goals, whether it’s a new routine, job, workout, business venture or personal development journey or any chosen change you want to make this year to your life!
But you also need to sustain your aims for the long haul making them “life style choices“, which are permanent and not short lived. Unless you change your goal then that’s different!
What works now might not work in the next chapter but don’t let your motivation wear off! Keep yourself going and motivated.
It’s important to to keep your aims in site, it will make a big difference.
3 tips to keep you on track;
1) Make a note of what and why you are doing this all for, what it will lead to and remind yourself of this each time you feel a dip. Visuals are good to use and can keep you being you!
2) Have something to look forward to, book a break; plan a social event; sign up to a sport challenge, such as a run; have a load of small projects you want to do, a declutter or your new garden project; trying new recipes or leaning something new.
3) Mark down your steps along the way, keep a log like a diary, however, you want to show the aims of the day and tick them off when you have done them, such as 3 things today I am going to get done that will support my goals and keep me motivated.
Have fun along the way, keep things enjoyable, change it up to stay on track there is no one size fits all, remember your the pilot in all of this, your the making of these good things that can happen!
Most things you’ll find that are positive in your life, will lead to more good things in your future, so focus on them. Be aware how far you have come!
Only look back to see how far you have come every positive change has an impact no matter how small it may seem! It’s your change so own it!
Tips to keep you feeling good mentally and physically when on holiday or annual leave this spring.
1) Routine, If you find routine is what keeps you feeling positive and well then keep up a routine the best way can when on holiday. From your eating times, sleep habits, to your workouts routines. You can always adapt slightly so everyday instead of going for say your morning run, you do a morning alternative exercise or movement but that you get that same output with you physically energy expenditure.
2) Keep your subconscious thinking when it comes to eating and drinking decide what you want to do and don’t want to do! Make sure you don’t just consume and have things to please others, if you don’t want to drink or eat certain foods don’t! If you do then this is also fine because your decisions come from you, not from pleasing others. You no how much work you have put in to get to where you are and how much time and will power that has taken, so your the one who is best to make the decisions not the voice of others.
3) Take mental, physical and well-being breaks from “your normal”allowing you to relax, recover and recenter, when on leave.
4) If going away, Take a note book and pen with you, write down anything that comes to mind when Away from your normal environment. You may find you have a lot of things come to mind and you can jot them down, revisit them when you want if you want! when were In a new environment and especially at a relaxed state of mind, we tend to be able to connect with ourselves more, are inner thoughts and feelings and have time to actually hear them.
5) Make sure you do things that bring you joy, make you laugh and Have fun! Capture and make memories, to keep your happiness topped up after the break finishes, these things will boost you when you return to normal. The memories will be great to look back on after and motivate you to have more time with the right people, doing things you love and make you happy!
6) Give yourself a moment away from everyone and every thing just to have a quick check in with yourself and recenter. You can check how your feeling especially if you are someone who has anxieties for example when having any changes such as a long drive or travel to somewhere new. Just a moment to be clam and collect your thoughts.
7) Take the opportunity to use your time doing things you enjoy and maybe something new to! take that new book, a craft project, that new workout routine, that recipe you have wanted to try. Doing something creative promotes positivity because there are normally visible results then and there. So you have a feeling and sense of achievement.
8) Try to alter your sleep habits where you maybe get a bit more if you are normally a bit sleep deprived when in your normal routine, top up some that you have missed if can. Feeling rested and revived will always be rewarding.
9) Fresh air and walk’s, try to add them in regularly when off, they are so good for the mind and getting your steps in for the day.
10) Plan some things you would like to get done this holiday, things that you feel will make a difference to your life, home etc from a declutter, painting, fixing or finishing things in your home that are bothering you. This will always make you feel good having that thing finished.
11) Exercise and movement, keep this up this will keep you upbeat and releasing the Endorphins you need, it will keep your mind set well for the holidays.
12)Enjoy yourself! Do what you want when you want how you want, make the holiday yours.
Ever think your plodding along waiting to actually be the real you and live your life the way you want. Become and being who you truly are and want to be?
Do you feel like you start with good intentions to do just this and then Life throws things your way ! Then you have to deal with what’s thrown at you and sometimes it feel constant, so you need time to process the impact of this and what’s been caused as a result.
When these things happen to get through We sometimes have to sacrifice what we wanted, stop and ease all pressure and our personal priorities have to change, shift and our direction then,some times even if temporary has to change.
Then Once the impact of what’s been trown your way becomes the new normal, is resolved, is accepted or has past we can then revaluate where we are and want to go next with our own personal journey again. Back on track or new track. But how do we ensure we can get to where we want to be even with the rollacoaster of life, how can we still become who we want to be and keep creating a lifestyle we want and not keep losing it?
Some ideas of the Steps you could consider and take to help you understand more about who you are, what you want in life and the key to unlocking your true self ….
1) First off it’s important to find out what makes you happy!; Think of all the things that you currently do that makes you feel good, make you feel like your really living and alive, things that make you feel that’s zest again for life. Factor them into your life more and often.
2) No what triggers off your mood swings or various behaviours. It’s a good ideas to keep a mood diary to spot any tiggers both good and bad in your life and day to day, so you can workout what causes these and have more or less time and energy on these things!what ever your mood, sad, angry, worried, scared, happy, excited, motivated etc the list goes on work out what makes you feel what, then un-pick it all from your diary to help you get a clear picture of what you can change if possible.
3) Ask yourself what do I want in my life? What do you want to become in life now? To help you with this there is an exercise you can do, imagine what your ideal self would be like in description if could meet your future self say in 3-5yrs time. what would you want this person to be like and do and have ? Then describe this version of yourself , what words and description have you used. Use this as a basis for current aims and goal setting.
4) To move forward you have to let go of what holds you back. Consider what at the moment dose this?what are you thinking and believing that could limit you, stop you from moving on? Think about areas of yourself and life which you feel make you feel more negative about who you are. Think about what can be done to get rid of these feelings? As limiting beliefs. How can you support yourself to move forward with this so you feel less negative, held back or so fearful.
5) Understand the importance of Self worth, acceptance and belief. How can you help yourself accept yourself more and the things you don’t want to accept make changes to, so they become what you will or want to accept. It’s important to learn how to understand what you can change via what you cannot. Learn to draw a line under those things so you can be free of such negativity and anything toxic and move on finally in your life, most importantly then be free of those things you once harboured inside, creating more space to fill with new positive things form moving forward in your life and all the good these new steps bring.
6) Think about what makes feel the real best version of you! What do you like ?what makes you feel confident, what is it you do that makes you feel happy, your most content and what do you enjoy, what can be added to your day to day life to keep you on track, what do you use to boost yourself. Then consider how often you move outside the comfort zone and take on new ventures, challenges and tasks? Do you currently and rarely do this? If so then maybe think about what would challenge you the right amount to inject some newness into your life? That’s if you want of course. This often can be the smallest step at first but it becomes a seed of change for you, because every step leads to something new, a shift, the start of a new direction in your life. The hardest part is taking the step in the first place.
7) Remember perfect doesn’t exists strive for your best but not prefect, giving things your best will definitely do! keep things real and sustainable no failing their, you can also build a lifestyle off things that are sustainable, allowing you to keep to a level you want to be at which is achievable and maintainable.
8) Learn to say no more and not spend lots of time on things and people that you feel impact your mental health, limit things that make you feel faraway from who you are and drain you, life’s to short.
9) Know yourself , recognise when your slipping and what strategies work to keep you as grounded and stable both mentally and physically as possible, top this up daily and regularly it’s so important.
9) Accept that good things take time, allow yourself time to process what’s happened in your life, no that you will move forward again when the times right when any trauma occurs, no that it’s perfectly normal to need time to repair, grieve, process any trauma, in life and be kind to yourself and reach out if you feel your struggling. Find a community you feel part of to work through and support each other, connect and in turn this could help you to feel less alone and isolated.
10) Don’t deflate and dim down who you are to please others, life’s to short so shine, find others who allow you to shine and radiate off each other and have a tribe who is definitely your vibe around you.
11) Remember your human and we all have bad days, sad days low days your not a robot,you will experience different emotions in life and that perfectly ok!
12) Be aware that Your mental health will change rapidly at times in life, when unexpected things happen. workout what helps you feel stable and use these strategies regularly to keep yourself topped up.
13) Value your health make a small step then another, keep adding one you commit to one for long enough it becomes a lifestyle. Changes that are realistic and sustainable allowing you to constantly improve your overall lifestyle.
14) understand the importance of Self-care, value how important this is, do things that support you and promote your well-being and no how this can be affected on good days and bad days and factor in time for you to look after yourself and needs.
15) No what you need and how to make it happen for yourself. This isn’t a selfish act! it’s key to success “you time” is key for your mental health, physically health and well being it’s what supports your success and happiness.
Remember You hold the key to “you” now you just need to know how to turn it ….