Tips to keep you feeling good mentally and physically when on holiday or annual leave this spring.
1) Routine, If you find routine is what keeps you feeling positive and well then keep up a routine the best way can when on holiday. From your eating times, sleep habits, to your workouts routines. You can always adapt slightly so everyday instead of going for say your morning run, you do a morning alternative exercise or movement but that you get that same output with you physically energy expenditure.
2) Keep your subconscious thinking when it comes to eating and drinking decide what you want to do and don’t want to do! Make sure you don’t just consume and have things to please others, if you don’t want to drink or eat certain foods don’t! If you do then this is also fine because your decisions come from you, not from pleasing others. You no how much work you have put in to get to where you are and how much time and will power that has taken, so your the one who is best to make the decisions not the voice of others.
3) Take mental, physical and well-being breaks from “your normal”allowing you to relax, recover and recenter, when on leave.
4) If going away, Take a note book and pen with you, write down anything that comes to mind when Away from your normal environment. You may find you have a lot of things come to mind and you can jot them down, revisit them when you want if you want! when were In a new environment and especially at a relaxed state of mind, we tend to be able to connect with ourselves more, are inner thoughts and feelings and have time to actually hear them.
5) Make sure you do things that bring you joy, make you laugh and Have fun! Capture and make memories, to keep your happiness topped up after the break finishes, these things will boost you when you return to normal. The memories will be great to look back on after and motivate you to have more time with the right people, doing things you love and make you happy!
6) Give yourself a moment away from everyone and every thing just to have a quick check in with yourself and recenter. You can check how your feeling especially if you are someone who has anxieties for example when having any changes such as a long drive or travel to somewhere new. Just a moment to be clam and collect your thoughts.
7) Take the opportunity to use your time doing things you enjoy and maybe something new to! take that new book, a craft project, that new workout routine, that recipe you have wanted to try. Doing something creative promotes positivity because there are normally visible results then and there. So you have a feeling and sense of achievement.
8) Try to alter your sleep habits where you maybe get a bit more if you are normally a bit sleep deprived when in your normal routine, top up some that you have missed if can. Feeling rested and revived will always be rewarding.
9) Fresh air and walk’s, try to add them in regularly when off, they are so good for the mind and getting your steps in for the day.
10) Plan some things you would like to get done this holiday, things that you feel will make a difference to your life, home etc from a declutter, painting, fixing or finishing things in your home that are bothering you. This will always make you feel good having that thing finished.
11) Exercise and movement, keep this up this will keep you upbeat and releasing the Endorphins you need, it will keep your mind set well for the holidays.
12)Enjoy yourself! Do what you want when you want how you want, make the holiday yours.